My lovely Blogger followers!

Friday 11 April 2014

Guesting for La-La Lands Crafts!

As some of you know, I've stepped down from several design teams in recent months (down to 3 from 8 teams this time last year!).  This was mainly because I felt my style was becoming a bit stale and wanted to free up more time to explore my style more and also use other brands.  Well I'm very excited to share today that my lovely blog mate Sandie invited me to do a guest designer spot for La-La Land Crafts for the next two months.  I've never used this brand before and I must say that I've fallen in love with it!

Today is Inspiration Friday over at the La-La Land Crafts blog and this week's theme is Glitter Mania!  So here is my very first make for them using the stylish Jesalyn and the gorgeous Berry Flourish die.




This stamp is so perfect for one of my city friends - so classy!  And I love the Berry Flourish - so beautiful and I topped it off with some sweet paper flowers.

I don't normally use glitter much but there are lots on her jewellery, shoes and flowers.  I also used some iridescent sequins to add to the shimmer.

Copics used:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E21
Lips ~ RV52, RV55
Eyes ~ G20, G43, G46
Hair ~ E50, E51, E53
Dress ~ C9, C7, C5, C3



I must say though that I felt under a bit of performance pressure creating my first card for them - this is a seriously talented team and their colouring skills are amazing!  I know I'm going to learn a lot from this bunch of gals!

Okay, I'm off now but don't forget to check out the rest of the gorgeous DT inspiration over at the blog here while I decide who to give this beauty to!


16 comments:

coops said...

oh wow so stunning mary.i love your design and striking colours and the image is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Kerri said...

love your card like the colour choices..another awesome creation!!

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot. It is so well deserved as your designs are always so inspiring.
Your card is stunning. I love the image, wonderful colouring and fabulous detailing.
Sue xx

Anita said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mary J! But of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you :) Love all the sparkle!

Stamps and Paper said...

Mary she is gorgeous and love your colouring and fabulous background

Anne

Joey said...

Mary you sure will be missed from those teams, your style of Card making I really aspire to be like - sadly not though lol, I love your makes, and look forward to all the new things you will bring to inspire us. This is a stunning make, love the little scene. Joey x

Laura said...

So pretty, Mary! I love her sparkly shoes! And your fussy cutting is always so perfect!!

Christine L said...

What a fabulous card... so glamorous with that perfect backdrop too and the flower! And HMMMMM don't do glitter?? DON'T DO GLITTER??? You do it so well here.. so what's wrong with you girl????

Many congrats on your GDT position... and I'm sure they'll learn from you too!

Have good weekend hon... sun is shining up here..

Christine x

heidy said...

Oh I have missed a lot of your fabulous cute and goreous cards MaryJ!!
Thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog!!
XXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

She is fabulous Mary J..wonderful colouring and love the branch and flowers and sparkle..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Juls said...

This is stunning, love the touches of pink against the black! Hugs Juls

Fabiola said...

superbe Mary, très chic et élégant et si urbain, biz

Wendy said...

Stunning Mary J, she looks fabulous, love her sparkly shoes and jewellery.
Wendy xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Mary,
A very eclectic card you have designed it well; your paper, elements as well as palette, it makes for a very pretty card, even though it has the drama of Black you have subjugated the effect by adding the sparkle and feminine Pink.
Already you are thinking differently.
Smiles:)
Sue

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Mary J
Your style "stale", I DON'T THINK SO!!
This creation is inspirational love the die cut and the beautiful image ..
hugs Shirley-Anne

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Mary, love the design and beautifully coloured!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin